July 3, 2013

Blah

Blah, I say!

I've had a lot of time off from work the past few weeks. First there was Memorial Day the last week of May. We went on a family camping trip the first weekend in June, so I took off the 3rd and 4th. Then Mr. T and I went to Bonnaroo so I missed the 13, 14, and 17. THEN I HAD TO WORK A FULL WEEK. One of the other IT guys took off that whole week, though. Not that that matters to this story in any way. Just sharing. And here we are into July, and we get tomorrow off because 'Murica.

I actually consider myself pretty patriotic, but I'm not good with the feels, so this isn't going to be all "thanks, troops" and reflective and schtuff. It's going to be totally not at all related to Independence Day, except to say that I get tomorrow off. In the past six work weeks, I've had seven days off, either due to holidays or vacation days. And still this week has been forever long. I swear, Monday took about three days to get through. Tuesday felt like a Monday. And here we are on Wednesday. I would tell you the time, but then I might be writing this at work and shut up, no I'm not. I do get tomorrow off! But then there's Friday. Rotten, rotten Friday.

wtf am I even talking about? I haven't been getting the proper amount of sleep - I apologize. Did you see the awesome pin I'm attempting?! I posted about it on Monday. LINK Want in on a little secret? I've already done it! Well, my part, anyway. I just wanted to drag it out into two posts. I have reasons! 1: I'm trying to blog more, but it's hard. So dragging out a post into TWO is like BAM! double the number of posts! 2: I knew it would take Mr. T forever to finish his part of it, and I didn't want to not tell people about it while I waited on him. He's seriously spent two days looking for paintbrushes. *grumble grumble*

Ummmm... Went to see The Heat last night. It was pretty funny. Then I stayed up to finish the 2nd Eragon book. Eldest be its name. So now I'm on #3! I'm sure you've noticed my Goodreads list on the right. It will max out at 50, then start hiding the older books. The end is in sight! Eldest was #46 for the year (my goal is to read 100). I'm four books behind, guys! It's so hard to keep this pace up. It's about 2 books a week. As long as I don't read challenging books, I do alright. But I also feel like a failure just reading a butt-ton of YA fiction. Fun fact: I didn't know "YA" meant "young adult" until like last month. Go me! But I am so. tired. today. So tired! I just want to crawl under my desk and take a nap.

One of the blogs I read is Pintester. She's super funny. Basically, she attempts to do things she's found on Pinterest. And usually fails. She's recently started doing a lot of videos, which I'm "meh" about, because I usually read blogs during my down time at work, and I don't like to waste time on watching videos. But the non-videos are freaking hilarious. Funny blogs, much like DIY blogs, make me feel like a failure both as a human and a - wait, I wasn't going to say "human" because that's too all-encompassing. But for some reason I keep typing instead of back-spacing. Anyway, they make me feel sad inside. But most super funny bloggers also suffer from crippling depression. I'm just generally "meh" about life. So...not super funny, but also never super sad? I'll take it!

Holy crap, anyway - she's doing something called "The Pintester Movement" (part two). She wants a bunch of bloggers to attempt pins she's attempted and then blog about it. I'm not really sure what happens after that, but I'm gonna do it, probably. I didn't really want to do a food pin, so I found a crafty pin she did that I've been meaning to try - cutting bottles with fire. Of course, it was one of her video ones. >.< I'm going to try to get more people to come over and try it with me. We may make a video, I dunno. I've never done that, and I'm not sure about editing it all together. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. It's due by next Thursday, so....we'll see.

I'm not sure where I was going with any of this, so....bye now!

No comments:

Post a Comment