Actually, based on Dooce's hate page and failing marriage (the marriage thing may be totally unrelated to the fame thing, but the fame thing puts the failing marriage thing under a HUGE microscopic lens for all the world to speculate - specuHATE, if you will - on...) I'm not sure I really do want to be famous. It sounds like a lot of work, and I'm not sure my self-esteem can handle it. After the emotional turmoil MC put me through, just being one person, I'm not sure I can handle criticism well. Maybe it's easier coming from strangers. Or maybe it's worse. Honestly, I'll probably never know.
In other news - I ordered (and have been delivered!) books!! I ordered the Fifty Shades trilogy and The Bloggess' book Let's Pretend this Never Happened. I have no idea if I posted about these before. I doubt I did, since my posting has been so...nonexistent...for the past month or so. At any rate, I ordered them on Amazon awhile ago, and since I was pre-ordering two of them they weren't delivered until this past Saturday. To my parents' house. Oops. Now, if you haven't heard of the Fifty Shades trilogy, do some Googling and then quickly see why that should never be viewed by my parents. Their brains would explode. Luckily I went home this weekend for my dad's birthday, so I was able to rescue them before they got all crazy and decided to open the box. (Fun fact, I typed deiced instead of decided and it is apparently a word - spell check isn't protested.)
I'm going to start reading them after Wednesday - THE LAST DAY OF CLASSES FOR ME EVER. If you want to follow my journey, add me on Goodreads. Also, let me know if that link works. Yes, the past...eleven...books I read are historic romantic fiction. Don't be hating. Those books are fun to read. Also, I was able to read eleven books in just over a week. Since I made my 2012 Reading Challenge to be 100 books and didn't start until March, I've got some catching up to do. According to Goodreads, I'm 12 books behind. Which I think is arbitrary, because I read about 5 books and the number only decreased by 1.
Since I have revealed there are only three (two, now that today is over) days left in this semester - let me recap what I have to do in the next couple (literally) days:
- Web Tech
- final group project (mostly done, I just need to create one page)
- Data Mining
- final group project (mostly done, just need to figure out what BS we're gonna BS for our presentation because we didn't actually accomplish anything with our research)
- Research Methods
- present my formal presentation to the professor because last class the two presenters went over an incredible amount of time (each one was close to double what they should have been) so I can't present in class - shucks
- turn my conference paper into a thesis (mostly done, just needs to be tidied up)
- GTA Work
- one more lab to grade, but I'm giving everyone who turns it in a 100 (don't tell them yet!) so I don't have to worry about it. I'm also giving them the last lab period to complete as many 0 labs as they have, so they can try to bring their grades up - if they complete it they get a 50 on it.
- one more class period and a final exam with KC
Oh, dear - it's time to pick up Mr. T - I must continue this riveting post at a later date.
Fun fact: name of this file was jewish-bdsm.jpg - I'm not going to investigate the site to figure out why...