May 8, 2012

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Here's a little song I wrote...you might want to sing it note for note...

DON'T WORRY....BE HAPPY...



That's all I know.

But wait - here it is:


Everything I need to know I learned from Big Mouth Billy Bass...


At any rate, I'm here to talk about jobs. Lovely, lovely jobs. I might have one soon. Maybe just maybe. I got in contact with a recruiting/contracting firm a few weeks ago (they've been very lovely to me) and Ladle (my main contact with the firm) called me as I was walking out of the gym after graduation on Saturday about an interview this week. Well the interview was yesterday. I think it went rather well. I really liked the people I met. Apparently it's a - HOLY BALLS THE DRYER JUST WENT OFF AND I ALMOST PASSED OUT - fairly large company, and I would be working in their headquarters, in the IT department. The cool thing is, even though it's a large company, it consists of lots of little companies that all have their own IT departments. So I would be working with one other person (my boss/supervisor), maintaining the Web sites for all the companies (about 20 sites), and dealing with a couple of applications that are company-wide, like payroll. It's a six-month contract-to-hire, which means that if they like me they can offer me a full-time position at the end of the six months. I'll be making $28/hour, which is $58k a year. Which is AWESOME. mmmm...money - I won't be broke anymore!! How lovely. Lovely lovely lovely. "Lovely" is the word of the day, by the way (rhyme - how lovely).

Anyway, back to my lovely potential job. I interviewed with three people, an HR rep, my supervisor/boss guy, and the CIO (my boss's boss). They all seemed nice, and hopefully they liked me. They had Ladle send me programming tests - C# and SQL. When I told her I hadn't actually used C# in nearly 3 years she kind of freaked out and told me to take the C++ one, too. Maybe a good C++ score will cancel out a bad C# score? I took the C# one a few minutes ago...it went alright. I had to Google most of the questions. Guessed on a few... But the worst part is I don't get to see my score. So I have no idea how well I did. I'm taking a break - waiting on Exum to bring me some Taco Bell (OM NOM NOM) - then I'm gonna watch some The Office before I start on Round 2. I have to have all three finished by 5:00 this evening. It's only 1:00 - I got this. (HOLY CRAP, IT'S ALREADY 1:00?!)

4 comments: