August 19, 2013

Lifestyle Change, Week 1

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday

The Wilsons are undergoing a lifestyle change, you guys. Not a diet and not a workout regime. A lifestyle change. I also have a mosquito bite on my boob and it's very distracting. I can't keep scratching it or it will also be distracting to coworkers. But omg it's so itchy.

Oh, funny thing that happened yesterday - my foot fell asleep in the car. I was like "My foot's asleep! When did my foot get sleepy?!" And then realized I sounded like a crazy person. Unfortunately Mr. T was there to hear and got a good laugh out of it. My arm fell asleep later on that night (I have terrible circulation) and he was all "When did your arm get sleepy??" Harumph. ALSO, I wore a dress to church and noticed this huge patch of hair on the back of my calf. Thankfully I have incredibly pale hair, so I don't think anyone else would see it. But I couldn't stop staring at it. Maybe if I had darker hair, it wouldn't be so easy to miss patches of it.

Anyway, back to our lifestyle change. It doesn't involve me being any more on-topic in blog posts, for the record. It just involves eating better and exercising. Now, because there is a scale in the handicap stall at work, I will be monitoring my weight. I'm not gonna post it on here or anything, because - in theory - weight doesn't matter. This is about being healthier and more fit, not dropping pounds. But I'm totally a girl and am going to weigh myself anyway. 8P

We took before pictures for fun. Mr. T asked when we were gonna take after pictures and I said when we started to look better. ;) But actually, we may try to take new ones every month.





I can't monitor what Mr. T is eating as closely as I can my own nom-intake and working-outedness, but it should be roughly similar. Oh, and as for our plan - the next two weeks we're going to be pretty restrictive on what we eat - fruits, veggies, and unseasoned chicken. Then we're going to transition to just eating well and begin working out in some form or fashion. Still not sure on that - most likely it will be some sort of workout video, since we don't want to pay for a gym membership.

Anyway, on to this week's review (I'll be updating this throughout the day and week, hopefully, so you'll need to come back to this post every so often if you want to keep up - or just check it on Friday or Saturday). Oh, hey - something I just remembered. I tried a similar diet to this back when I was trying to fit into my wedding dress for our TTD session last summer. By the end of the week I was one angry woman. lol! And Mr. T wants to drag this out for two weeks....lawdy lawd.

Monday
Breakfast:
  • smoothie (1/2 for me, 1/2 for Mr. T) - 4 frozen strawberries, 2 bananas, some orange juice, some pineapple juice, and a splash of pomegranate/cranberry left over from a party
  • 1 cup coffee (no one's perfect)
  • Luna bar - S'mores flavor (It's a whole nutrition bar for women!) 
Lunch:
  • Lemon Pie yogurt
  • baby carrots with ranch dip
  • plum
  • Golden Delicious apple - only the best kind of apple ever!
  • (Side note: I just finished lunch and am already hungry. >.<)
Dinner:
  • I cooked chicken breasts in a skillet with some canola oil. Mixed in some squash and zucchini. Added just a touch of seasoning because we're not animals.
  • I also had wine.
Snacks:
  • pistachios - more than is appropriate but omg they're so good
Water:
  • 1 large Which-Wich cup: x3
Exercise:
  • walked the dogs in the morning
  • took stairs at work: x7
Naughty:
  • I had about 3 glasses of wine...and maybe like 10 pieces of popcorn. My friend came over to celebrate her graduation!
Top

Tuesday
Breakfast:
  • smoothie (1/2 for me, 1/2 for Mr. T) - 5 frozen strawberries, 2 bananas, some orange juice, some pineapple juice, and a splash of pomegranate/cranberry left over from a party
  • Luna bar - white chocolate macadamia
Lunch:
  • peach yogurt
  • baby carrots and ranch dip
  • a plum
  • a nectarine 
Dinner:
  • chicken breast with a bit of BBQ sauce on it
  • steamed asparagus
  • white rice
Snacks:
  • pistachios (OMG SO DELICIOUS)
Water:
  • 1 large Which-Wich cup: x2
Exercise:
  • took stairs at work: x5
Naughty:
  • Because of the friend that came over last night, I didn't get the dishes done, so I did that instead of walking the dogs in the morning. Hopefully I walk them this evening! (I totally didn't - it was raining.)
  • I wore heels to work so I took the elevator in the morning and evening instead of walking the stairs.
  • I missed stairs one hour because I lost track of time. Shame on me for working! ;)
Top

Wednesday
Breakfast:
  • smoothie (1/2 for me, 1/2 for Mr. T) - 5 frozen strawberries, 2 bananas, some orange juice, some pineapple juice, and a splash of pomegranate/cranberry left over from a party
  • coffee - but I only used ONE creamer tub today! ;)
  • Luna bar - caramel nut brownie (best one so far)
Lunch:
  • key lime pie yogurt
  • golden delicious apple
  • half of a cucumber with either salt or ranch dip
  • banana
Dinner:
  • grilled chicken with spices only Mr. T knows about
  • grilled corn on le cob
  • I also had a bit of zucchini and a bit of peach that our friends had grilled.
Snacks:
  • PISTACHIOS! (Our roommate tried to say they were bad for you!)
Water:
  • 1 large Which-Wich cup: x3 (can't remember if 2 or 3)
  • 1 small superhero cup: x3 (can't remember if 2 or 3)
Exercise:
  • took stairs at work: x5
Naughty:
  • I didn't walk the dogs - again. I was exhausted from waking up so early yesterday. It's Mr. T's day off, so we're hopefully going to walk them this evening when I get home. (NOPE!)
  • Missed the stairs twice at work because of working.
Top

Thursday
Breakfast:
  • smoothie (1/2 for me, 1/2 for Mr. T) - 5 frozen strawberries, 2 bananas, some orange juice, some pineapple juice, and a splash of pomegranate/cranberry left over from a party
  • Luna bar - peanut honey pretzel (even better than the caramel brownie one!)
Lunch:
  • strawberry/banana yogurt
  • the other half of that cucumber
  • a plum
  • a nectarine 
Dinner:
  • I cooked some tilapia and bell peppers in a skillet with a bit of oil and some lemon pepper seasoning. It was SO GOOD you guys. So good!
  • I also drank chocolate milk. It, too, was delicious.
Snacks:
  • I don't think I ate any snacks!
Water:
  • 1 large Which-Wich cup: x3
  • Wall Street cup: x1
Exercise:
  • I walked the dogs!!! They were so happy! 8}
  • took stairs at work: x6
Naughty:
  • Missed the stairs once at work.

Friday
Breakfast:
  • smoothie (1/2 for me, 1/2 for Mr. T) - 5 frozen strawberries, 2 bananas, some orange juice, some pineapple juice, and a splash of pomegranate/cranberry left over from a party
  • cup of coffee (one creamer cup!)
  • I left my Luna bar at home, you guys. I'm STARVING!
Lunch:
  • I forget.
Dinner:
  • Gondolier's deliciousness
Snacks:
  • I forget.
Water:
  • I forget.
Exercise:
  • I walked the dogs!
  • took stairs at work: x2
Naughty:
  • You guys...just read the Saturday/Sunday recap. I fell off the wagon so hard I may be dead and not know it yet.
Top


Saturday/Sunday
Naughty:

We failed! So hard! We ate all the junk food. All of it! There is none left in the world. I'm sorry! You'll have to travel to Mars to find anything delicious anymore, because Mr. T and I ate all the things this weekend. And it was GLORIOUS! Glor.i.ous. 8}

Also, I found this journal difficult to maintain and I'm lazy. So I don't think I'll be doing it again. I'll give weekly recaps, maybe. Just a quick "We suck" or "Yay, we sucked less this week!" Hope you had fun not reading this!! 8P

No comments:

Post a Comment