July 25, 2013

100 Days of Pictures: Day 19

Me When I Was Little


This is me and my childhood best friend Katie. Katie and I drifted apart as I went toward band and awkwardness and she went toward popularity and awkwardness. I'm curious to see if we'd still be friends now... She passed away in a car accident when we were in high school. That sucks, for the record. She was a beautiful girl - super tall and skinny. We always said she'd be a model if she wasn't so friggin clumsy. For real - she was almost constantly hurt in some way or another.

Mom ran a daycare when I was little. I don't know how many kids she kept, but I do know it would be totally illegal to do now. It may have been illegal then. Occasionally when she put us all down for naps, she would also take a nap. A parent came to pick their child up during one of those naps and caught Mom snoozing...her kid never came back. lol! I also remember that wagon. We tipped over in it - probably more than once. I also remember one of the kids (I don't think it was Katie, but it might have been) ate a bunch of berries off of a bush and threw up. What else, what else....oh! I totally bloodied a guy's nose. He is a couple years older than I am and was totes making fun of Barney. He pissed me off, and I punched him. His nose definitely bled. I still remember a drop of blood falling into the gravel in our driveway and feeling terrible about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment