October 3, 2011

Choices, part three

Ha! You thought it was over, but it's not! I don't really have much to add, just a sad little story...

I got this really awesome job opportunity. My brother-in-law (we'll call him Lightning) sent me the information about a job opening in UT Extension. It was for an IT-type job, but would mainly focus on teaching the UT Extension software to employees. The hire is supposed to start mid-November, but I was hoping to be hired and start late November/early December (at the end of the semester), then spread out my last three classes over the course of next year. It would push my graduation date back to December, but I would have a real job! With benefits! And a real paycheck!

I knew it was really unlikely that I would get the job, and I thought I was keeping my hopes down low enough that it wouldn't matter so much when I didn't get it. But when I got the rejection letter (such an ugly word, "rejection") I was really, really sad. More upset than I thought I would be. Apparently they only consider applicants who are in their absolute very last semester. Sigh.

So here I am, with another semester and a half to get through, in a field I'm really not sure I like all that much. Hrm. Any suggestions? Other than to just get over it, that is. I'm working on that one.

2 comments:

  1. I work for an IT company, if it ever expands that far east I'll put in a good word for you ;)

    ReplyDelete