January 11, 2012

(Mild) Panic

The semester is about to begin. Tomorrow at 9:40am, actually. It's stressful on several levels for me. I have the usual school stress...dreading classes and exams, projects, quizzes, homework... I'm doing more GTA work than I have been in awhile - two 2170 labs along with helping the blind student I've been assisting the past two semesters. I didn't want to do a thesis, so I have to take three comp exams over any three of my 6000-level classes ever. I'm having a hard time deciding which ones will suck the least...especially since my memory tends to release pretty much everything as soon as I turn in my last assignment for the semester. On top of all that, I need to start looking for a job yesterday. Our money is so tight I can't have a lull from graduation to job. The added stress on that is I don't really like programming. I'm not sure I'm all that good at it. I definitely don't want to do it for the rest of my life. I probably don't have the option of avoiding it right at the beginning...but then I'm worried I won't be able to get a job doing it, because it seems like everyone else around me in the department is so much more advanced than I am. But anyway - school starts back tomorrow - yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment