July 13, 2012

Friday Tunes

Day Six: A Song that Reminds Me of Somewhere

2011: "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's
I wrote this: "For some reason this song reminds me of being in my car on Bradyville Road driving from my sister's old house on Lakeshore to Walmart when I worked there the summer after my freshman year at MTSU. Don't ask me why it's so specific, but I always get that image/feeling in my head when I hear it."

I'm not sure that that still applies...I mean, maybe. But I haven't heard it on the radio in so long I'm not sure that would happen. I mean, maybe?

2012: "Tight Pants Body Roll" by Leslie and the LYs
I was sitting at my desk at the apartment I lived in when Mr. T and I got engaged. He was watching TV and I was exploring the great interwebs with StumbleUpon. I...stumbled upon...this video and rolled. And then rewatched it. And then rewatched it. And was hysterical. And watched it again. Mr. T almost murdered me. Then I made sure to play it at every event we had on campus for the next three years. I think I'm going to go to the first ACM meeting of the semester and Body Roll them (it's like a Rick Roll, but better).

I'm not sure that that story fits the "Reminds me of Somewhere" criteria, but suck it - I don't care. :P

2 comments:

  1. I. can't. stop. laughing. That made my day. Best thing ever. That lady was on an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba which if you didn't know is a very strangely awesome kids show that Audrey is obsessed with. They have famous people guest appearances on each episode and I had no idea who she was and what she was famous for. Now I know. And I love her. And her body rolls.

    ReplyDelete