May 19, 2013

TMI Baby Update

My period's finally coming back!!

I've given up on birth control. The past three or so years have been a roller coaster of emotions/acne/weight gain/you name it. I've done the pills, I've done the shot. I tried to do the Implanon Rod several times, but that's another story that I've already covered. Search for it if you care. 8P

We finally decided to stick with good old-fashioned condoms. We're at the point in our lives where a baby won't totally suck. And the restoration of all my facilities is more important that spending a bajillion dollars on birth control.

Of course, it can take up to 18 months for the Depo Provera shot to wear off. I was due for a re-dose in February, so it's been 3 months of question marks. Mr. T even had me go out and buy pregnancy tests, because we didn't know if the shot was still working, or if I was just pregnant now. (Not pregnant, fyi)

And now I'm kind of having a period!! Oh huzzah. Who knows how long until I'm back to "normal" but at least this is one step in the right direction.

I apologize if this was too much info for you, but the warning is in the title, so I don't feel too bad if you're scarred for life. 8P

No comments:

Post a Comment