January 29, 2013

Let's Talk Faces

Alright. In high school I had not bad acne. I would get pimples but I wasn't one of those poor souls that just gets covered. Ugh. What little acne I had cleared up in college. I was smooth-faced. It was lovely. Then...I guess it was birth control that broke me. I feel like I'm back in high school these days. Twenty-somethings with careers shouldn't have 5-10 pimples on their face on any given day. It just shouldn't happen. IT SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED.

What's even worse is that I get them on my back now, too. That all started when I got my lantern tattoo. I had to put A&D on it, and then my back broke out, then I picked at it, then I got more pimples, then....ugh - I'm disgusting. Make it go away!!

I finally decided it's time for a change. My dear darling (off-brand) St. Ives Apricot Scrub is no longer cutting it. Obviously. I'm trying to become more DIY lately. Other than just crafts, I also made my own laundry detergent and am using vinegar and aluminum foil balls as fabric softener and static removers, respectively. I guess I need to do a post about that, too...if I can remember how I did it! So....new face wash + desire to be more DIY and natural = I'm gonna try to make my own face wash!!

I started out just Google-ing "natural face wash" and clicked on the first link. That link led me to this link and I think I'm gonna give it a go. Just need to buy castor oil and either sunflower seed oil or extra virgin olive oil. I figure even if this is a bust those are a couple good things to have around the house, anyway. And it sounds like doing the deep cleanse is going to be really soothing....I like that. Maybe take a bath and do it...so nice. 8}

The only thing I'm not sure on is the line "This deep cleansing method should be done regularly, but not too frequently." What does that mean?! I know they say it depends on your skin and if it's getting dried out, do it less....but where do I begin? Once a week? Every other day? Once a month? I would like some sort of an idea! And what do I do when I'm not doing the deep clean? Because they also say "First and foremost, this is typically done in the evening, prior to bed. There should be no need for deep cleansing in the morning if you're waking up with skin cleansed the night before. In the morning, a quick wipe with a warm washcloth should suffice." That makes it sound like you do it every night. Or at the very least, it only accounts for the day after the deep clean.

I was thinking of doing the Apple Cider Vinegar Natural Face Toner that is discussed in the first link. Because it's just vinegar and water, and I think I already have the vinegar. Maybe dab that on every morning? Except the morning after my weekly deep clean? Maybe I'll try to do the deep clean every other day and see what happens? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.

Any advice? Have you tried DIY natural face/body cleaners and have any advice for muah?

No comments:

Post a Comment