September 13, 2011

I'll come up with a title later.

I had another baby dream last night. I am not amused. It better not be a sign of Things To Come. Because we are not ready for babies.

Mr. T was trying to get me to adopt a Siamese kitten yesterday:

Me: You're kidding me, right?
Mr. T: Khat is getting older, so...when she dies we'll have another cat to take her place!
Me: But aren't you excited about that time when Khat is gone and we don't have a cat anymore??
Mr. T: I just thought it would be nice to have a kitten.
Me: For one, Khat hates other cats, and Splinter might try to eat him. And don't you remember when we thought it "would be nice" to have a dog, so we got Splinter? $700 in vet bills later we have a living terror in our home, absolutely disrupting our lives.
Mr. T: You're right.
Me: I know - I always am.

Those last two lines? That's usually how our conversations end. In my head, anyway.

09/12/11

09/13/11
Todd stayed out late tonight, so I used his anniversary present to me as a substitute. Yes, he got me a pillowcase with a picture of his head printed on it. Unfortunately the image was stretched to fit on an entire pillowcase, so his head is HUGE. But it's the thought that counts, and I have to say...I'm married to the sweetest man in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I am all on board with the kitten plan, but I am almost always in favor of kittens regardless of the situation. And that is how all arguments should end ALWAYS :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can have her! We'll throw her in the mail tomorrow. ;) And you're exactly right - they should. Now tell Todd, so he gives up faster.

    ReplyDelete