September 26, 2011

Ramblings - Mostly About Poop

So I read something about how, in order to have a successful blog, you have to write 1,000 words a day. I'm not sure who said that...it was in my Boing Boing subscription on my Google Reader. I don't know how many words I usually write, but I don't think it's 1,000. And with my friends' attention spans, I doubt they'd read that much. I'm pretty sure no one else reads this blog...including most of my friends.

I finally finished Portal last night. I stayed up until 1:30 doing it, too. I actually stayed up until 3:30, but the other two hours had nothing to do with Portal. And everything to do with me being an idiot. I was so tired today! Anyway - Portal. It's a really fun game. The robot dialogue is fantastic. Today, instead of getting homework done, I sat in my friend's office and played Portal 2. So now I have to do homework. :(

One thing I really wish people were more open about is their poop. I have always been regular. Very, very regular. I'm talking multiple movements per day. I never thought it could be any other way! Then I got on the subject with a couple roommates a few years ago, and realized people go DAYS without pooping! wtf?! I can't imagine. I don't think I've ever gone a day without pooping. And with this much poop happening, I have lots of interesting experiences. But I feel weird about sharing them.

Mr. T and I share poop stories with each other, but I feel guilty about that sometimes. Are we too open with each other? There was a couple in our small group in church who brought up how she farted in bed one night, and it was so funny! Because she doesn't normally fart in front of him? I can't imagine. Mr. T and I...let's just say we're very comfortable around each other. I honestly wouldn't want it any other way.

I don't know that I can be that comfortable around other people. Maybe Cee, but she's been my friend for forever. We invented a code word to let the other person know when we farted in public, to alert them to the need to get out of that area ASAP. The thought of talking about farting and pooping around any of my other friends kind of weirds me out. Does that say something about my relationship with them? There are only two people in the world I'm close enough to to actually be myself around them?

Is this 1,000 words? Is it going to shoot me into blogging stardom? Honestly, I don't think I'd want a lot of readers. Too much pressure. I started out writing every day, and now I've fizzled pretty severely. If anyone read and cared, I might have gotten an angry email about it, to add more stress to my life. Currently I have to post a link to Facebook, and then tell people about it, and then sit there and watch them read it - just to get anyone to read a post.

Now I must go. The homework - it calls to me. Please, Internet....find me another distraction.

**UPDATE**
My lovely friends decided to read this entry (80 pageviews!), probably because when I posted it on Facebook I said it was about bodily functions. At any rate - they actually took the time to copy all my text into Word to do a word count - 539, including the title. Some said anything longer and they wouldn't bother reading it, and some said they'd read 1,000+ words if it was interesting. And there's the problem. I don't think I'm 1,000+ words interesting. I do good to last 500+ without falling apart.

09/19/11

09/20/11

09/21/11


4 comments:

  1. I don't have anything in particular to say, except that I remember those poop conversation and am still a little surprised even now thinking back by how often in came up. Mostly I've gone crazy with commenting, so look out for like 18 more today. Aaaiiiieeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed! I couldn't figure out why I had so many emails all of a sudden. lol But at least now some of my posts will have comments on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do read your very interesting blog. However, I don't post..just giggle to myself at how much we've all changed in the past 5 years or so.

    ReplyDelete