February 26, 2013

48 Things You Never Knew About Me: Part 5

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?

Gah...everyone? One of my best friends growing up passed away in a car accident when we were in high school. Sometimes I feel like a terrible friend, because there are people who remember the exact day she passed and her birthday and always post on FB on those days...and I just don't. But I think about her a lot and I'm like...why? Why did that have to happen? What would her life be like now? Would we have kept in touch? And then there are all my grandparents. I went from having all four (plus one surrogate) living to none within about five years. That just sucks. Especially my mom's parents - they were fairly young and healthy. Died in a car accident. It just...sucks. None of my grandparents saw me get married.

And as far as living people - I miss my parents a lot. I don't see them as much as I used to. And I feel like I'm not as close to them as I used to be. There's this sort of double life I'm living where I have to hide certain aspects of myself from them and it's weird. I don't like it. I also rarely get to see my brother and his wife, since they live in Alabama. Of course, I never see my sister and she lives in the same city! I miss hanging out with all my CS friends. But not enough to ever want to go back to school. Gross... And I miss Mr. T absolutely any time he's not around. Doesn't matter if we're at work, he ran to the store, or he's in another state. I miss him.

18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?

Self-motivation. Getting housework done. Working out. Running errands. Getting organized. There is so much I want to do! I never feel like I have the time to do it, but when I do have free time, I just sit on my butt and watch TV. Stupid Mrs. Wilson!

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?

Black. I really need new flats and low heels for work. Bah!

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

I just had breakfast! Cup of coffee and Eggo's cinnamon toast waffles. Those things are the bee's knees.

4 comments:

  1. 1. I can empathize on the grandparents part, sort of. All of mine but my mom's dad had passed away before I was even born, so I never even got to meet them; I hear they were wonderful people though, and I often wonder how different my life would be had I gotten that opportunity. My mom's dad, though, wasn't really ever around. He was an alcoholic in his younger days and had dated/married a couple of abusive women (abusive towards my mom and her sister) and never really tried much to get himself or his children out of the situation, so he wasn't exactly welcome around the family. In any case, I have one memory of my grandfather. I've only spent one solitary day with him in my life, and that was back in 2005 I think. We went mini-golfing. He loved golf, and I think he wanted to actually have some semblance of a presence in his grandkids' lives, so he offered to take me out for the day. Then a couple months later I found out he was diagnosed with colon cancer; he died in July of 2007. Sometimes I wonder if he knew he was getting old/sick/frail and wanted to try and make amends before he died, but I suppose I'll never know. I miss him occasionally (because that one time I did spend with just him was actually fun), but then I think back to the things my mom has told me about what happened when she and her sister were kids living with him, and I just feels so conflicted. And now I'm working myself up over it again. MOVING ON before the onion slicing starts.

    2. CS FRIENDS! I'M ONE OF THOSE! You know, you don't have to be afraid to come around us every once in a while; I won't say we don't bite, because some of us probably do, but you don't even have to go back to school to see us!

    3. Self-motivation seems to be getting more and more difficult each day for me; take this blog comment for instance. There's far more productive things I could be doing, but I have exactly zero inspiration to do any of them. Apparently my brain would rather wait until I'm stressed out and can't concentrate to actually start the work...We need haaaallllp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self motivation/discipline is always the hardest. We just get lazy (as I'm taking a little time to catch up on your blog. :P), and it's hard to get out of that rut. But workout buddies can fix that.... ;) *NUDGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for you guys procrastinating by reading my blog!! (and commenting)

      Delete