February 6, 2013

Let's Talk Faces: Update

I posted a few days ago about switching to oils to wash my face instead of face wash. Well, I finally bought stuff! Mixed it up and I've used it for a couple nights now. Ummm....I haven't broken out all over the place, so yay? Other than that, nothing too exciting to report. I did find a different source. Which, they give way different ratios for the two oils than my previous source.

Source 1:
  • Oily Skin: Try a blend of 30% Castor Oil to 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
  • Balanced Skin: Try a blend of 20% Castor Oil to 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
  • Dry Skin: Try a blend of 10% Castor Oil to 90% Sunflower Seed Oil.
Source 2:
  • For those with oily skin, try three parts castor oil to one part EVOO.
  • For those with normal skin, you could start off with a one-to-one ratio of castor oil and EVOO.
  • For those with drier skin, start off with one part castor oil to three parts EVOO.
I consider myself oily-to-balanced, so I put in 1 part castor oil and 3 parts sunflower seed oil. I don't know what to believe anymore! Castor oil is way more expensive than the sunflower seed oil - I could only find a tiny little bottle of it at Kroger, for about $1.50. And I got one of those huge containers of sunflower seed oil for less than $4. I don't even have enough castor oil to attempt to make it three parts of the sunflower seed oil that's already in my container! I just don't see how there can be such a huge difference...

So, yeah - I'm going with my first source. It seemed to be a fairly legit site, and there was a link to a forum where everyone was doing the same kind of ratios. So 8P !!

At any rate, even though I apparently trust "Simple Mom" not one little bit with my face....I think I'm going to try her 'Poo-less hair cleaning method. Or at least do some research on it. I feel like I'm turning into a total hippie, but I'm all about saving me some money. And not destroying the environment. I'll probably do the same thing I did with the oil face cleaning stuff and just wait until I'm out of shampoo. So...one day you'll be getting another post about how all my hair has fallen out or something, I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. So, if you find a natural moisturizer you like, lemme know. I'm still a fan of my cold cream so far, but my moisturizers not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try the oil thing for dry skin (maybe even leave castor oil out all together?) you might not need moisturizer? Maybe? But I'll continue on my quest for homemade facial solutions. ;) I have been thinking about making a sugar or salt scrub to exfoliate once a week or so. I'll let you know what happens!

      Delete