March 13, 2013

Blogging Rant

There are things that certain blogs do that annoy the piss out of me. I'm not sure if you're aware, but I've kind of been on a DIY kick lately. So I've probably added a couple dozen new blogs to my Google Reader. These are usually lovely women who are (making a living?) blogging about crafts and/or fashion and...whatever. I don't know how all that works - I make no moolah with this little old blog. And I'm okay with that. I'm not a consistent writer with how often I post, what I post about, or how long my posts are.

Anyway - on to the rant. I hate, hate, HATE "more after the jump" or "click here for the rest of the post" showing up in my Google Reader! I guess they do that because they make more money if you physically visit their blog, due to ads and such on the sidebars. But you see, in Google Reader, all the cutsey formatting is stripped away. I don't have to read stuff with your fun little font, on the teal background, with all the pictures of your family in the sidebar. Blech. Plus, it makes it that much harder to not be obviously reading a blog about home design. Black font on white background could be anything! I also have several tech feeds that I follow, and the only way to distinguish between that and info on refinishing cabinets would be pictures. Until I have to go "after the jump" to see the finished product.

The other thing that irritates me is the HUGE FREAKING BANNER IMAGE you have at the top of your blog. I keep my browser shrank down to about 50% of the height of my screen. Your banner image of your cute little kids or whatever the f you have up there should not fill my entire screen!

Alright, I've wandered away from this for about an hour and my rage has dissipated. I'm gonna go ahead and wrap this up. No post discarded! 8}

1 comment:

  1. Because I'm a jerk, I decided to shrink my browser down to 50% height and scrolled all the way up. This is what I saw:

    http://oi46.tinypic.com/9tfwpc.jpg

    ReplyDelete