March 24, 2013

Hopes and Dreams: Day 24

Day 24: Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.

Ummm.... Let's see. I'm about a decade younger than my to siblings. So I was kind of an only child, in a way. They were both away at school before I was even 10. So my memories of living with them are a bit fuzzy. Now that I'm an adult and my sister is also an adult (wow!) we're a lot closer than we used to be. My brother was the oldest (still is, actually...) so he was almost a parent to me, in a way. So we still kind of have that dynamic. He's like a cool, younger dad. lol! I wish he lived closer because I never get to see him. Of course, my sister lives in the same town and I never get to see her, either! As far as my parents go...I'm definitely still their baby girl. But I'm also an adult, so that's been an interesting transition. What with the tattoos and the alcohols and the...whatever else I do to stress them out - cleavage showing!! Yup, everything's changed while managing to stay exactly the same. Isn't that how all families are?

No comments:

Post a Comment