March 25, 2013

My Life According to...Cake. 8}

Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. You can't use the band I used. Try not to repeat song titles. Re-post as "My Life According to (BAND NAME)"

Pick Your Artist:
Cake - I'm using this list.

Are you a male or female?
"She'll Hang the Baskets"
There are several great songs for dudes: "Italian Guy" and "Mustached Man" especially. There were only two that had "she" in them - "She'll Hang the Baskets" and "She'll Come Back to Me". I liked this video better. There are also a few songs that are just women's names: "Daria" and "Jolene" are two that I saw. I'm not sure that Cake has any official videos?


Describe yourself:
"Sick of You"
This is pretty accurate, I think. I get pissed off reaaaaaally easily, and have a really hard letting go of things once you piss me off. I saw an e-card once that said something about how once someone annoys you, everything they do is annoying (I can't remember exactly what it said - I tried searching and couldn't find it easily, so 8P). That is definitely me. Once you start to get under my skin it become a spiral until I hate hate hate you. I'm working on not doing this, because it makes me hate my friends and that's sad.


How do you feel:
"Got to Move"
By the end of my work day I'm like "OMG, GOTTA GET OUTTA DIS CUBE!!" I sit in my car for about an hour to get to work, sit in my cubicle for around four hours until lunch, sit in the break room for an hour during lunch, four more hours at my cubicle after lunch, then another hour in the car to get home. My butt gets so upset with me. It's all "wtf, mate - I'm tired of being abused, let's stand for awhile, mmkay??"


Describe where you currently live:
"Federal Funding"
I also really wanted to use "Mexico", but this one is at least kind of accurate. We got a grant to cover our down payment on our house. So yay, government funding!! Also, this is an official video for Cake! I had to use it. 8}


If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
"Mexico"
Yay, I get to use "Mexico"! I'm not reading ahead on these, so I can't strategize my song choices. It's more fun that way. And I'm lazy. Couple of other songs I thougth about using: "The Distance" and "Long Time".


Your favorite form of transportation:
"Stickshifts and Safetybelts"
I get to use this song!! I was hoping I would. 8D It's one of my favorite Cake songs, and we played it at our wedding. I also thought about using "Race Car Ya-Yas" or "No Wheels" but I was afraid I wouldn't get another chance to use this one if I didn't take this opportunity. Another song was "Easy to Crash" but I think that sent the wrong message.


Your best friend is:
"Strangers in the Night"
I was going to say the people in my dreams are my best friends (bit of a stretch, but you gotta work with the songs the band gives you...) but this song is actually applicable, because Miss C lives IN MY HOUSE and I never see her. She works 3rd shift, so she's left for work by the time I get home in the evening and is holed up in her room when I wake up in the morning. Even if I woke up early enough to give myself time to do anything other than get ready in a panic and rush out the door. lol I guess I could've also used "Never There", but that makes it sound like she's no there for me, which she is! She's just...there and asleep. 8} Oh Oh Oh - I also could've done "Friend is a Four-Letter Word"!


Your favorite color is:
"Cool Blue Reason"
They also have "Pretty Pink Ribbon" "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town" and "Ruby Sees All". But blue is closest to my favorite color - green.


What's the weather like:
"It's Coming Down"
I was hoping there'd be a weather one!! We had cray cray rain yesterday. Followed immediately by hail. Then sunshine. >.< And today it was SNOWING! Yay, Tennessee weather! I almost put "The Winter", but I don't want the weather to think it's okay to be this cold at the end of March.


Favorite time of day:
"When You Sleep"
Thought about putting "What's Now Is Now" and being all "Live in the moment!" or "YOLO" but...I really like sleeping. 8}


If your life was a TV show, what would it be called:
"Rock and Roll Lifestyle"
I was going to use "Italian Leather Sofa" and say I'd have a super awesome talk show and interview famous people on my Italian leather sofa...then I realized it meant real life, not fantasy life. Oh, well. Rock and Roll, baby - rock. and. roll.


What is life to you:
"Sad Songs and Waltzes"
Little melodramatic, but I really like this song. And I like to complain about my FWP on this blog, so I might as well play it up a little more. 8} And in that vein, the automatic toilet flushers they installed at work have become my arch-enemies. I hate them with a burning passion.


Your current relationship:
"Love You Madly"
I almost went with "Haze of Love" but this one won out. I just typed "one one". Stupid English! Side note, this is the most bizarre music video I've ever seen. wtf, Cake? wtf. Of course, I also found the Cake VEVO. Looks like they have 4 music videos and 11 "Live on Letterman" videos. w.t.f. Cake?!


Breaking up:
"I Will Survive"
"Let Me Go" "Friend is a Four-Letter Word" "Sick of You" (so perfect, but already used!) "She'll Come Back to Me" - lots of excellent break-up songs.


Looking for:
"Short Skirt/Long Jacket"
I do need a nice jacket. And I do like short skirts. 8} I love this song and I love this video!! Watch this one, guys!!


Wouldn’t mind:
"Open Book"
I've started reading The Hunger Games again. I'm currently on Mockingjay (the 3rd one). It's sitting here, right beside me....and I would love to be reading it right now, instead of what I should be doing.


Your fear:
"I Bombed Korea"
I feel like a nuclear war with North Korea is more likely to happen now than it was in the past. So that's kind of scary. WWIII and all that jazz.


What is the best advice you have to give:
"Jesus Wrote a Blank Check"
I'm a Christian. I think you should be one, too. I'm bad at this.


If you could change your name, you would change it to:
"Daria"
Why not? It's a pretty cool name. I liked that cartoon in the 90s. Her name was Daria, right? Maybe not, I dunno. Also, I really enjoy this song. Okay, so I like all of Cake's music. So sue me. 8P


Thought for the Day:
"Is This Love?"
Yeah, make sure the person you're with/obsessing over is actually worth your time.


How I would like to die:
"Carbon Monoxide"
Why not?


My motto:
"Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps"
Make no commitments!! 8D


Well....that took a hot minute. But I finished! Answer your favorite two or three down in the comments? You don't even have to post YouTube links! Unless you want to.

1 comment:

  1. Make no commitments, huh? What about that RING and matching RING FINGER TATTOO? HMMM? ;)

    ReplyDelete